The IPM Aptitude Test, commonly known as IPMAT, is an entrance examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore. It serves as the gateway for admission into the Five Year Integrated Programme in Management offered by IIM Indore and other esteemed institutions in India. Here are some key details about IPMAT 2023 and the programs offered by various B-schools accepting the exam scores:
- IPMAT is a computer-based test lasting for 2 hours.
- It consists of 90 questions divided into two sections: Quantitative Ability and Verbal Ability.
- The test evaluates the aptitude of young students who have completed their Class 12 education or are appearing for their Class 12 examinations.
- IPMAT scores are accepted not only by IIM Indore but also by other reputed institutions such as IIM Ranchi, IIFT Kakinada, NALSAR University Hyderabad, Nirma, and TAPMI for their Integrated BBA+MBA programs.
- The exam score is a crucial criterion for shortlisting candidates for the final selection round.
- Top IIMs and other renowned B-schools in India, known for their high placement records, consider IPMAT scores for admissions.
- The Five Year Integrated Program in Management (IPM) is a dual degree program.
- It combines a 3-year undergraduate degree with a 2-year MBA degree.
- Students admitted to the IPM program are exempted from taking CAT or any other entrance test for MBA admission in IIMs and IIFT after successfully completing 3 years of study.
- The first 3 years of the program focus on building fundamental knowledge and developing management skills.
- The following 2 years involve being part of the MBA class, where students delve deeper into advanced management concepts.
- The IPM program fees are divided into two parts: the first 3 years cover the BBA fees, while the next 2 years encompass the MBA fees.
The IPMAT 2023 exam presents a valuable opportunity for young students aspiring to pursue a dual degree program in management. Successful candidates gain admission to the prestigious IPM program at IIM Indore and other leading B-schools in India. With a comprehensive curriculum and high placement records, these institutions offer a promising platform for students to build a successful career in the field of management.
1. Provisional Admission for Candidates Completing Standard XII/HSC:
- Candidates who are expected to complete their standard XII/HSC or equivalent by the end of July 31, 2023, can also apply for IPMAT 2023.
- However, their admission to the program will be offered provisionally, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
2. Submission of Mark Sheets and Certificates:
- Candidates selected for the program must provide their X and XII standard mark sheets with minimum required marks at the time of registration.
- Additionally, they need to submit their school leaving certificate or migration certificate.
- Failure to produce the required documents will result in the cancellation of the candidate's provisional admission offer.
3. Calculation of Marks:
Candidates who have appeared for IPMAT 2023 will have the opportunity to check the cutoff marks on the official website of IIM Indore. It is crucial for candidates to meet both the sectional and overall cutoff scores in order to be eligible for the subsequent rounds of the admission process. Before the release of IPMAT 2023 cutoff, IIM Indore will take into consideration several factors to determine the cutoff scores. Once the IPMAT 2023 result is announced, the following aspects will be analyzed to finalize the category-wise cutoff:
After the IPMAT 2023 result is declared, IIM Indore will release the IPMAT cutoff for the respective year. Candidates can refer to the previous year's IPMAT cutoff to gain an understanding of the expected cutoff for the current year. It is important for candidates to keep track of the cutoff scores as it will determine their eligibility for further rounds of the admission process. By checking the official website and referring to the previous year's cutoff, candidates can gauge their chances of securing admission to the program. Overall, staying updated with the IPMAT cutoff information is essential for candidates who aspire to join the prestigious Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore through the IPMAT exam.
|Category||IPMAT Cut Off 2022|
The IPMAT (Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test) exam pattern for 2023 has undergone important revisions. It is now a computer-based test conducted across multiple test centers in 34 cities. Candidates are required to appear at their designated test center to take the exam. The following are the key changes introduced in IPMAT 2023:
1. Test Pattern:
- The exam consists of both Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Short Answer (SA) questions.
- It is an objective-type test where candidates need to select the correct answer or provide a concise answer for the SA questions.
2. Two Sections Exam:
- The exam is divided into two sections: Quantitative Ability (which is further divided into two subsections) and Verbal Ability.
- These sections assess the candidate's aptitude in quantitative reasoning and verbal comprehension.
3. Number of Questions:
- The total number of questions has been reduced from 100 to 90 for the two-hour exam.
- This change allows for a more streamlined and efficient test-taking experience.
4. Time Duration:
- Candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the IPMAT exam.
5. Scoring Pattern:
- Each correct answer carries a weightage of +4 marks.
- For MCQs, there is negative marking, with a deduction of -1 mark for each incorrect response.
- However, there is no negative marking for the Short Answer (SA) questions.
6. Maximum Marks:
- The maximum attainable marks for IPMAT 2023 have been reduced from 400 to 360.
7. Pre-Specified Order of Answering Questions:
- Candidates must adhere to a predetermined order while answering the sections.
- This order is the same for all candidates and ensures a standardized test-taking process.
8. Section-wise Time Limits:
- The Quantitative Ability (MCQ) section has a time limit of 40 minutes.
- The Quantitative Ability (SA) section also has a time limit of 40 minutes.
- Similarly, the Verbal Ability section allows 40 minutes for completion.
The revised IPMAT 2023 exam pattern aims to provide a well-structured and comprehensive assessment of candidates' aptitude in management-related subjects. The reduction in the number of questions and maximum marks allows for more focused and efficient performance. The pre-specified order of answering questions ensures fairness and uniformity in the evaluation process. Candidates need to manage their time effectively within the given section-wise time limits to optimize their performance in the IPMAT exam.
Below is a comprehensive list of recommended books to help candidates prepare for the IPMAT 2023 exam. In addition to these books, candidates are advised to utilize sample papers, question papers, and mock tests to enhance their preparation. It is important to cover the IPMAT syllabus thoroughly.
1. "Wiley's ExamXpert IIM-IPM (IIM-Indore Integrated Program in Management) Aptitude Test" by Wiley India: This book is specifically designed for the IPMAT exam and provides comprehensive coverage of all the sections.
2. "Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT" by Nishit K Sinha: This book focuses on enhancing verbal ability and reading comprehension skills, which are crucial for the IPMAT exam.
3. "Word Power Made Easy" by Norman Lewis: This book is a valuable resource for improving vocabulary, which is an important component of the Verbal Ability section.
4. "High School English Grammar & Composition" by Wren & Martin: This book is a trusted guide for improving English grammar and composition skills, aiding candidates in the Verbal Ability section.
5. "The Pearson Guide to IIM Indore-IPM (Integrated Programme in Management) Entrance Examination" published by Pearson: This comprehensive guide covers all sections of the IPMAT exam and provides practice questions for thorough preparation.
6. "The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exams" by Dinesh Khattar, published by Pearson: This book focuses on building quantitative aptitude skills, which are essential for the Quantitative Ability section of the IPMAT exam.
7. "Maths class 11 and 12th" published by NCERT: NCERT textbooks are highly recommended for building a strong foundation in mathematics, covering topics included in the IPMAT syllabus.
8. "How to prepare for Quantitative for the CAT" by Arun Sharma, published by MGH Education: This book offers comprehensive coverage of quantitative aptitude topics, providing ample practice exercises and previous year's questions.
9. "How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT" by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay: This book focuses on enhancing verbal ability and reading comprehension skills, providing strategies and practice exercises.
10. "Crack the IIM Indore IPM (Integrated Programme in Management) Entrance Examination" by due North Academy: This book offers a detailed analysis of the IPMAT syllabus, along with practice questions and tips for cracking the exam.
IPMAT 2023 is a computer-based test, and it is essential for candidates to adhere to certain guidelines and carry specific documents on the day of the exam.
1. Admit Card:
- The hard copy of the IPMAT Admit Card, with a duly signed and photograph pasted on it, is mandatory to be carried to the exam center.
- The Admit Card needs to be produced for verification at the time of the test.
- Candidates should also bring a self-attested photocopy of their identification proof.
2. Allowed Documents in the Test Hall:
- Only two documents are permitted inside the test hall:
a) Admit Card (with a signature and photograph)
b) Original Photo ID card and a self-attested photocopy of the same.
3. Familiarize Yourself with the Test Venue:
- It is crucial to ascertain the exact location of the test venue at least a day prior to the IPMAT exam day.
- This will help candidates reach the venue well before the scheduled time on the test day.
4. Reporting Time:
- Candidates should arrive at the IPMAT 2023 test venue in a timely manner to avoid any last-minute rush or entry issues.
- No candidate will be allowed entry inside the test center once the gates are closed.
5. Prohibited Items:
- Candidates should not wear jewelry or other items containing metal to the test center.
- Mobile phones, smartwatches, calculators, and stationery items like pens, pencils, and paper are strictly prohibited inside the test center.
6. Safekeeping of Belongings:
- There is no facility for safekeeping personal belongings outside the test hall or exam center.
- Candidates are responsible for their belongings, and IIM Indore will not be held liable for any loss.
7. Rough Work:
- Rough pads/sheets and pens will be provided to candidates for rough work during the test.
- Candidates must return the rough pad/sheets after the test.
- It is important to clearly write their name and application number on the rough pad/sheets.
8. Medical Emergency Contact:
- In case of a medical emergency during the test, the candidate's parent/guardian will be informed on the registered phone number or alternate number provided in the application form.
9. Functional Phone Number:
- The phone number provided in the application form should be functional and accessible to the candidate's parent/guardian to attend to any emergency incidents.
Following these guidelines and instructions will ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience for candidates appearing for IPMAT 2023. It is essential to be well-prepared and comply with all the requirements to have a successful test day.
The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore follows a two-stage selection process for IPMAT (Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test). The details of each phase are as follows:
Phase 1: Shortlisting for Personal Interview (PI)
- Candidates are shortlisted for the Personal Interview based on their scores in the Aptitude Test (AT).
- A sufficient number of candidates are selected from the eligible pool of applicants for the PI round.
- The AT score serves as the primary criterion for shortlisting candidates for the PI stage.
Phase 2: Final Merit List Preparation
- The final merit list for admission is prepared based on the scores obtained in both the Aptitude Test (AT) and the Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
- The performance in both stages carries significant weightage in the selection process.
- Candidates who do not appear for either the written test of IPMAT or the PI round are not considered eligible for the selection process.
Now, let's delve into the details of the different phases involved in the IPMAT 2023 selection process:
Phase 1: IPMAT Registration
- Only eligible students satisfying the specified criteria are permitted to appear for the Aptitude Test (AT).
- During the registration process, candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs. 4130 if they belong to the General category. For SC/ST/PwD candidates, the fee is Rs. 2065.
- It is important to note that the category of candidates cannot be changed once the IPMAT 2023 application form is submitted.
Phase 2: IPMAT 2023 Exam
- Based on the received applications, IIM Indore invites eligible candidates to appear for IPMAT 2023, which is the Aptitude Test.
- To get a comprehensive understanding of the exam, candidates should refer to the complete article on IPMAT exam pattern. This article provides information about the type of questions asked, the total number of sections, the marking scheme, the exam duration, and other relevant details.
By following these two phases of the IPMAT 2023 selection process, candidates have the opportunity to showcase their aptitude and secure a place in the final merit list for admission to the program. It is essential to carefully adhere to the registration guidelines and prepare thoroughly for the Aptitude Test and Personal Interview to maximize chances of success.
After qualifying in IPMAT, shortlisted candidates are called for further selection rounds, which may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI). Final admission offers are based on the candidate's performance in these rounds.
The general eligibility criteria for IPMAT include: Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum percentage of marks (as specified by IIM Indore). Candidates in the final year of their 10+2 examination are also eligible to apply.
Yes, there is negative marking in IPMAT. For each incorrect answer, one mark is deducted from the total score.